A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley

A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley
In which a couple tries to thrive creatively and intellectually on and offline

Friday, August 6, 2010

Painting in Progress Update 4


It's getting so close to finished! As you can see, I've gotten the detail work done on the snowy owl. I'm really, really happy with the way he turned out. I wish, for composition's sake, that I had placed him about 1/2 an inch to the right, but I think it will be okay as is.

Now I have to add detailing to the trees and paint the snowflakes. This is my first time painting snow, and definitely the first semi-realistic landscape I have done.

I think that once the snowflakes are added, the feeling of silence in this painting will be portrayed. I really want this painting to be successful (as in successfully executed, not like CEO successful).

No comments:

Post a Comment