A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley

A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley
In which a couple tries to thrive creatively and intellectually on and offline

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunny Seattle and a Family Recipe

This last weekend we went to Seattle for my husband's work and to visit my aunts. He had never been to the city before, and it had been 12 years since I was last there. We had a fabulous time eating, drinking, talking, and exploring.

My grandfather and grandmother on my dad's side ran a pizza business out of their basement when they were younger, and the pizzas were in such demand that they could barely make them fast enough. The recipe for their crust, sausage, and sauce are closely kept secrets in the family, but this weekend, my aunt taught me how to make them!

My husband and I have often daydreamed about owning a brewery and pizza parlor when we decide to settle down a little more, and now we are one step closer. My grandfather's pizza is the best thin crust I've ever tasted (and I've tasted A LOT of pies all over the country), but the recipe is closely guarded in our family. It was a fantastic experience to hang with my aunt and make a huge batch of shells in her kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. I went to Seattle last year and loved it! May be I'll move there some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum pizza rocks! Great shot of Pike's Peak market! The whole Seattle/Tacoma area is beautiful! Envious.

    ReplyDelete