A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley

A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley
In which a couple tries to thrive creatively and intellectually on and offline

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Painting in Progress Status Update #3


Because we've been so busy traveling, volunteering, and such, I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on this painting, so I apologize for the long hiatus in between status updates.

As you can see the mountains are finally completed, which you may recall that I had some trouble with before. There is a pretty interesting pattern going on underneath them that I may or may not keep. The vines on the right are finished as well, as are the thorns on the upper torso.

I just need a good 8 hour stretch of doing nothing but painting, and I think it may be finished.

Still needs to be completed: birds, bird skeletons, vines, legs, hands, and feet. I've never painted bird skeletons before, so will probably be doing a lot of sketching for those.

So maybe more than one 8 hour marathon session...

No comments:

Post a Comment