Here is what I have purchased and prepared so far:
- 500 business cards, created in Photoshop and printed by an online retailer
- Tweeted the event and posted in my Facebook fan page
- Posted the event on my Etsy Shop Announcement
- Created a sign up sheets for newsletter
- 5-10 copies of each print
- 1 printing calculator
- 1 book of carbonless sales orders
- 1 package of round price tag stickers
- 1 pack of 100 clear envelope sleeves
- 2 magazine racks (for browsing prints)
- 2 holders for business cards (I'm using some ceramic vessels my mom made)
- 1 money holder
- 1 apron
- pack of pens
- Change in small bill denominations
- I still need to buy shopping bags (don't want to, it's seems like a waste of resources, but I also know that I need to)
The tax rate here in Sunny California is 9.25%, but I don't want to be messing with change, so my prices will be rounded figures. Because I have to deal with similar overhead costs selling online (Etsy, PayPal, Shipping, etc.) I will probably sell the prints at the same price they are in my Etsy shop, minus shipping. That should cover tax and table costs.
If you are interested in starting your own show, Etsy had a recent article that was quite helpful.
Phew! I am starting to get nervous already! The last time I had a gallery show, I threw up twice before the opening. This should be easier since it is less formal.....hopefully.