A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley

A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley
In which a couple tries to thrive creatively and intellectually on and offline

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The photo that allowed me to paint mountains without pulling my hair out

You may know from a previous post that I was having a heck of a time evolving from painting a symbol of a mountain, to painting actual mountains. A recent trip to Yosemite really helped! This is a photo from Tunnel View.

When I painted it, I actually used an image that I had warped in Photoshop to use as a reference, and got rid of a lot of the background so I could concentrate on the landscape. Hence, I was able to render the mountains as such:It still needs work, but having a point of reference helped a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment