A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley

A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley
In which a couple tries to thrive creatively and intellectually on and offline

Monday, April 26, 2010

Paintings can be like laws and sausages...Status #2




After a week's progress, I've finally figured out how to paint mountains rather than the symbol of a mountain. I'm not naturally a landscape painter, so this was not the easiest thing to do. A recent trip to Yosemite helped a lot! Whenever I paint something I've never attempted before, the effort is akin to taking a 3 hour long math test.

The difficulty of painting is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much, however. I enjoy the challenge.

No sales yet at my Etsy store. It's a lot more work than I was expecting, but I think that maintaining a presence online requires more social interaction than most people think. I love having my work viewed via Etsy, I get a lot more traffic that way. In some ways, just having my work seen makes it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment