A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley

A Physicist and Artist try to make it in Silicon Valley
In which a couple tries to thrive creatively and intellectually on and offline

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day Craft: Muppet Masks made from Recycled Materials



Last year for Halloween my husband and I decided to dress up as members of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, the band from the Muppet Show. I made these masks by constructing the framework out of recycled materials, and then covered the framework with fabric, yarn, and feathers (I tried to recycle as much fabric as possible, also). The mouths even move when we talk!

For the framework I used:
Milk Jugs
Yogurt Containers
Old Baseball caps
Cereal Boxes
Duct tape
Hot glue

For the exterior elements I used:
Hot glue
Fabric Glue
Old clothing
Old Sunglasses (the eyelids on Dr Teeth)
Yogurt Container scraps (Dr Teeth's teeth)
An old sheer curtain (for the eyes)
yarn
feathers
a feather boa
I did purchase some fabric, also (muppet colors aren't exactly found in clothing)

I just joined the SF Bay Area Esty Team this week. They are going to have a Meet up soon in San Francisco, and I'm thinking of going. Will post how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment